I can’t believe I’m actually writing at my due date. Because Sofia was born on 39.5 weeks… this is the most pregnant I’ve ever been. I’m super excited and anxious. Every night when I go to sleep I wonder if tonight is the night. But I always wake up “disappointed”. Last week I wasn’t mentally ready… but now we all are. I stopped going to work since last Thursday because I really thought she’d be here by now. I’m getting more uncomfortable these days… but most importantly we all so want to meet her at this point.
My belly continued to expand as everywhere else :(. I feel a bit bloated and puffy.. but well… I’m so close to the end.
At 37 weeks
at 40 weeks
comparing to my last pregnancy at 39 weeks, the belly is similar size I think but my butt, thighs and arms are bigger
- Since week 39 I’m 4 cm dilated and I didn’t feel anything. At 40 weeks, the doctor did membrane sweep, that evening I lost my mucus plug but no contraction. I’m scheduled for a non-stress test and another appt next tuesday, and then we’ll discuss options to get induced. I really hope she comes naturally this time, but I don’t want to pass 41 weeks either.
- Overall discomfort. I started walking like a penguin because of the belly weight. I often feel cramps in my inner legs. Back pains and sore hips continue.. although it got better in the last two weeks. I get a bit swollen sometimes by the end of the day.
- Sleep: sleeping well most nights,. 8-9 hours. But sometimes I feel my belly causes me discomfort because when I sleep on my side, it doesn’t have any support, and my stomach muscle gets pulled. Also, I’m becamse very light sleeper as I wake up 4-5 times a night to go to the bathroom. Tony snores most nights, so since this week, he’s been sleeping in the basement.
- Cravings: no particular craving, just eating more.
- Appetite/hunger. normal most of days.
- Exercise: I’ve been trying to do a bit more these days to trigger labor. I’d do my morning 45 min exercise and then 2-3 miles quick walk in the afternoon.
- Other symptom: discharge.. a lot… and tinted with pink blood after the membrane sweep.
- Skin: good.
- Weight: 21 lbs mostly from eating more in general…. hopefully some of them got to the baby.
Hopefully next post is about birth story. 🙂